This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
This position performs Project Control functions related to cost and schedule and assists in the preparation of Project Controls activities for a project or assignment.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
• Accumulate and compile accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the project
• Develop cost control/scheduling procedures, execution plan, and business plan for a project
• Monitor Project Activities and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals.
• Participate in weekly project cost reviews/schedule meetings
• Develops and updates summary level as well as detailed schedules in engineering & Construction phases.
• Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items.
• Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
• Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences.
• Identifies schedule changes and trends.
• Develop and implement a basic change management system for engineering and construction
• Develop and maintain Management, Project and Control level schedules
• Identify trends and deviations and recommend corrective courses of action
• Maintain the established project cost/schedule program and prepare schedule/cost status reports
• Coordinate the review of Project Profit/Risk Analysis with management and provide status reporting
• Participate in the change management process
• Provide meaningful, accurate historical data
• Analyze data and proactively seek resolution to variances from the project baseline
• Ensure project conforms with Fluor project execution practices
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Typical Minimum Qualifications – Related Education, Experience & Skills
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and six (6) years* of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years* if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Strong analytical and problem-solving, organizational and written/oral communication skills. They should be detail-oriented team leaders who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed. Computer, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary. Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse work group of vendors, executive managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals. In addition to these skills, it is important that Project Controllers display the following capabilities:
• Creating and adjusting project budgets.
• Forecasting project goals and completion.
• Developing project scheduling, budgeting and progress reports.
• A structured/methodical approach to all planning/tracking tasks.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project (essential), Word, Excel (essential), PowerPoint, and preferably Access & Primavera P6 ; a knowledge of SAP (desirable).
*These are the typical years of experience required for this job. Current Fluor employees may be considered for this position either sooner or later, depending on individual performance, potential, and job availability. This applies to all jobs across all functions.
• Generally favorable indoor office workspace
• Project worksites and vendor/client facilities
•Fluent English and Spanish
•Own vehicle required
•Availability to travel inside the country
Application Deadline: 20 marzo, 2019