International company in Barcelona is looking for a responsible for the development and management of the technical area of welding and nondestructive testing (NDE) at the departmental level, provide technical support to the Discipline Leaders on Engineering and Construction phase at Onshore/Offshore Projects. In additional shall support all the topics related to inspection equipment and Bulk material, welding and NDT during Projects execution.
- Review, clarification and validation of the documentation of the different manufacturers in relation to Welding Books, Thermal Treatments procedures, Non-Destructive Testing procedures, Pressure Testing and / or Equipment Leakage procedures and other related procedures.
- Technical support to the discipline leaders during the bid submission phase regarding Technical Dossier verification and Contract Requirements applicable to the welding area and NDE.
- Support to Discipline Leaders in the Development of Pipe and Equipment Material Inspection Plans (ITPs)
- Technical support to the Discipline leaders during the development of the Engineer of the different projects.
- Technical Support Quality Control Surveillance (QCS) on issues related to welding and NDT (Activation and Inspection).
- Occasional presence in PIM and / or meetings in workshops of suppliers, manufacturers and / or clients according to the requirements of the project (Availability to travel occasionally).
- Self-managing, dynamic, determined, with good communication skills, Good analysis capabilities Deliver oriented person, capable to work in multi-cultural and multi-project and environments.
- Qualified candidates must have as a minimum Accreditation as International Welding Engineering (IWE), Welding Technology, or related field. IWE qualification is preferable.
- International NDT accreditation (level II) must be required and mandatory for WPS validation and shall be considered.
- Minimum 6 years experience in similar function.
- Knowledge of main welding processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, GSFCAW, SAW…).
- Knowledge of applicable ASME, API, ASTM and EN standards. And other industry welding standards.
- Knowledge of materials, weldability and NDE methods for carbon steel, high strength and extra high strength steels, austenitic, Duplex and Super Duplex stainless steels.
- Knowledge of various forging processes, valve manufacturing, wrought fitting & heat treatment processes.
- Knowledge of weld overlay and dissimilar welding processes.
- Ability to conduct Audit and evaluation pre-ordering for products such as forging, fitting, valve, welded structure& pressure vessels.
- Knowledge of Engineering Projects Workflows.
- MS Office, SAP, MS Project or equivalent.
- Fluent in English (MANDATORY). French and/or Italy will be valuable to.
- ABLE TO TRAVEL.
ESTIMATED DURATION: MINIMUM 12-18 MONTH
UPDATE CV: email@example.com
MAIL SUBJECT: SR WELDING NDT ENGINEER BARCELONA
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2020