- Provide comprehensive day-to-day field supervision at the site.
- Ensure all construction is being performed to quality standards in compliance with design specifications, drawings, budget and schedule Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to involved staff and contractors.
- Co-ordinate and optimize the arrangement of daily activities tasked to the construction crews and external subcontractors to minimize lost productivity time.
- Assist with preparing request for proposals for public tender of services and statement of work documents.
- Also contribute to contracts, change orders, material and services purchase orders for approval by Owner.
- Assess and where appropriate make recommendations on contractor requests for extension of time, claims for additional payment, and contractual disputes.
- Review quotes, material requests, procured items, deliveries and on-site production to validate accurate fulfillment and quality control.
- Certify invoices submitted by suppliers and contractors and recommend for payment by Owners.
- Perform inspections at completion of each construction phase, and sign-off on quality of workmanship along with crew leaders and external subcontractors.
- Determine and recommend labor force, materials, and equipment requirements Build and update project schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of activities according to schedule.
- Expedite and co-ordinate any delayed or potentially delayed activities.
- Maintain regular estimates of the cost-to-completion and time-to-completion for each task.
- Co-ordinate, administer and lead weekly progress meetings with Owner/general manager, site engineer, crew leaders and subcontractors.
- Completion of computer-based weekly and/or daily reports, project log and documentation files.
- Enforce and promote site safety and project procedures and proper use of equipment Advise Owners on any recommendations for improvement to practices regarding health and safety, construction approach and quality control plans.
- Recommend measures to enhance improvement or efficiency opportunities that may arise Identify risk and opportunity in all aspects of construction management, and implement mitigation measures where risks are appreciable.
- Conduct ongoing meetings with field staff to remain informed of project work and facilitate resolution of presented or developing issues.
- Provide on-the-job training for staff in carrying out construction supervision including contract administration, quality control, construction and monitoring and evaluation, and other relevant activities.
- University Degree in engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in the role.
- High level in ENGLISH.
- Placement, execution and evaluation of subcontractor’s claims and demands.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and develop long-term relationships.
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2018