REPORTING TO: He/she will be reporting to the Regional HSE Manager
LOCATION: Head office of the country, Middle Netherlands
This person will coordinate the external HSE consultancies working on behalf of PM, audit and track the status of implementation of HSE in the projects and report to the Regional HSE Manager (if not appointed, to Head of PM HSE) and Regional Head of PM-PE on the performance in completing the actions.
This high profile position will provide coaching and guidance to the General Project Managers and teams and encourage them to develop and improve the HSE standards in the projects.
KEY SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the implementation of HSE processes in all projects being developed in the country.
- Compile the necessary HSE information for tenders.
- Maintain an open communication with the Regional Head of Project Management and country teams to ensure alignment and to ensure consistent implementation of HSE processes and local legal requirements.
- Maintain an effective working relationship and dialogue with HSE staff (including local authorities, subcontractors (including internal subcontractors), consultancy companies) for guidance, follow up and alignment on HSE related activities.
- Establish working relationships with service organization, installation teams, Sales and Logistic and support organizations to ensure consistency.
- Analyze HSE reports from the Projects. Gather and report data on HSE performance (metrics), plan execution, audit corrective actions and incidents.
- Prepare communications (i.e. alerts) to disseminate incidents, lessons learned and best practices.
- Engage in specific projects to solve complex problems. Special engagement is requested in the projects for the coordination for safety and health matters.
- Perform regular HSE audits in the projects.
- Attend meetings with the customer, when required.
- Define local HSE requirements for contractors approval and perform H&S audits to subcontractors.
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and that permit conditions (eg recordkeeping) are being met.
- Coordinate the external health and safety professionals/ external HSE service providers working for Project Management in the Projects. This coordination includes:
- Provide the relevant documentation and information regarding the company standards, organize meetings to ensure good communication and alignment.
- Approve CV’s.
- Provide support with internal and external contacts and support to clarify doubts and solving problems.
- Manage schedules and supervise performance.
- Check the health and safety plan for the project.
- Check HSE reports.
- Create and update a country specific H&S management system, documentation and organization for wind farm installations, including control and standards for subcontractors.
- Country specific adjustment and updating of method statements and risk assessments.
- When necessary develop the health and safety plan for the projects.
- Engage in accident / incident investigations.
- Identify needs and organize HSE trainings for PM team.
- Active participation in wind energy organization HSE working groups.
The Country HSE Manager is authorized and expected to take the necessary measures to guarantee health, safety and environmental protection on the Projects, in line also with the country regulations. He/she should encourage the local PM team to develop and improve the HSE standards in the projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Required 2+ years of HSE experience in a construction environment, including managing at site specific level or managing multiple projects in the country.
- Assigning, tracking and closing out actions.
- Team and relationship-building.
- English Verbal/Written communication skills (fluent).
- Results-oriented and committed to continuous improvement.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Able to develop, implement and evaluate HSE tools, processes and systems.
- Computer based systems and software.
- HSE Legislation and Regulations.
- Work within a complex, global organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Able to work autonomously or collaboratively with strict confidentiality.
- Able to work in a changing and rapid developing environment.
- Able to identify issues, take responsibility and implement solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Trustworthy with unquestionable integrity and ethical standards.
Must be willing and able to travel.
It is expected that candidates will be degree educated in an engineering or technical discipline and have a recognized qualification in H&S (eg, Coordinator for Safety and Health matters, accordingly to EU Directive 92/57/EEC, HVK diploma, VCA.).
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2018