As a Lead Engineer (Detail Engineering Naval Architecture), you will be responsible for planning, checking and giving feedback on the detail engineering for hull sections and/or outfitting. You will be able to make small changes in the drawings yourself and solve issues during vessel commissioning. You will work according to customer requirements – as wel as technical and operational guidelines – in order to contribute to efficient production and maximise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of our vessels.
The engineering process starts with basic engineering and is followed by detail engineering. Depending on the building location – The Netherlands or abroad – the detail engineering will be performed by either IHC companies, non-IHC building yard or an external party.
In this position, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Setting up and planning of the detail engineering.
- Maintaining contact with the detail engineers abroad.
- Checking the detail engineering drawings (hull sections and/or outfitting).
- Giving feedback on the delivered package.
- Performing small modifications yourself (currently in Nupas, but is set to change to Siemens NX).
- Liaising with production engineering and production.
- Problem-solving during the commissioning of the vessel.
- Work on standardisation documents.
You work as part of a project team with colleagues from other disciplines, as well as from other IHC departments (eg production engineering, production).
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- A bachelor or master degree in naval architecture or other technical discipline.
- Three to five years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- A proactive, creative and flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written.
- The capability to work across Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
- A willingness to travel abroad several times a year, and for several weeks at a time.
Please note, only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2018