International company in Barcelona is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be in charge of all technical activities related to the specifications and purchasing of rotating equipment.
· Prepare Technical specifications for rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, blowers, agitators, etc).
· Technical bid tabulations and offers analysis.
· Cheking and review of vendor’s drawings and documents.
· Coordination with other disciplines to define interfaces with pipes, electricity, instrumentation, civil works, etc.
· Ensures timely approval of engineering and requisitioning documents from the client as well as timely technical and economical definition of change orders and claims.
· Prepares updates and checks calculations for detailed engineering.
· Contributes to optimization of material quantities by proposing value engineering solutions.
· Ensures contractual technical specifications are met by the suppliers- Adheres to the committed man/hours and budget.
· Prepare technical specifications, material requisitions and documents for purchase order.
· Ensures timely internal and external reporting on engineering / requisitioning activities to the group leader.
· Meets quality objectives of the project.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior engineering employees
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, specializing in Mechanical.
· Minimum requirement 5-6 years experience in a similar function.
· Experience in companies providing engineering services to the Chemical, Refining, Petrochemical and Oil & Gas industry.
· Knowledge of codes and standards API.
· Fluent in English.
· Geographical mobility.
· French desirable.
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2018