Part time in Offices and FEED Contractor office (to be defined location).
The Senior rotating equipment engineer will be initially located with the project team at the FEED contractor’s office during development of the FEED, afterwards at the company headquarters in Muscat and eventually in Kuwait/Argelia when the site preparation or construction work have started. His role will include frequent travelling to various project locations including FFED, EPC offices, vendor fabrication shops etc. (extended periods in some cases).
Responsible for activities associated with the design and procurement of rotating equipment (such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines, HVAC, etc.) in accordance with client requirements, codes, standards, etc.
Responsible for the complete cycle of equipment specification, supplier selection, and supplier drawing and documents review
• Prepare or review technical specifications and selection of rotating equipment displacement equipment: (Centrifugal Pumps, Positive Displacement Pumps, Centrifugal and Rotary Compressor, reciprocating Compressors, turbines, fans, Blowers, etc.)
• Provide or review engineering calculations for selection and dimensioning of equipment
• Prepare or review equipment data sheets.
• Project Vendor List Evaluation and Approval.
• Coordinate work with other engineering disciplines.
• Prepare and issue requests for quotations, purchase specifications, bid evaluations, and purchase requisitions.
• Evaluate and prepare technical bid tabs for major equipment construction.
• Review and approve vendor documentation and drawings for rotating equipment on assigned projects.
• Follow up and expedite Purchase Orders.
• Define spare parts recommendation based on RBM knowledge (Risk Based Maintenance)
• Review and comment vendor inspection plan and witness inspection and testing vendor activities
• Diagnoses faults and trends and takes or recommends appropriate corrective actions
• Maintains close liaison with other discipline supervisors working in the project
BS in Engineering, BSME preferred or equivalent engineering degree.
• Must have experience in mechanical installation works and procedures.
• Senior Mechanical Engineer with at least fifteen years’ experience as Rotating Machinery Specialist in the Oil&Gas industry, developing basic and detail engineering, and supervising FATs, Construction, Precommissioning, and Commissioning activities.
• Experience in API618 Reciprocating Compressors, Centrifugal compressors accord API617 and Rotary Compressors accord API619. Engineering, Precommissioning Commissioning and Start Up.
• Proven track record working with international codes and standards API, ISO, ASME.
• Language skills, fluent English
• Experience in Conceptual Engineering, Front End Engineering Design, and Detail Design and Consultation.
• In-depth knowledge of rotating equipment.
• Knowledge of Sealing Systems for Rotating Equipment
• Familiar with the API ANSI, NFPA, ASME, ASTM, AWS, ISO, NACE and OSHA standards.
• Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft software, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Familiar with Risk Based Maintenance tools (RBM)
· Join in February 2018 and job interview in January 2018.
· Job between Kuwait/ARGELIA and Madrid
· Labor expatriation allowance
· Travel tickets
· Competitive Remuneration
Application Deadline: 31 diciembre, 2018